Today marks three years of marriage for Nick and me, and what a fabulous three years it has been! For the last two years of marriage, we’ve been living in Taiwan, and for this next year, we will venture forth into the unknown of doing this marriage thing as real adult in the US (our first year of marriage, we were still in college, so I don’t count that as real adulthood). What will this next year (and the next 20+) bring?
Here are some things we definitely want to do during this next year…
1. Buy a house. That is a big commitment, and if we just get this one done, I’ll be good! Nick wants a fixer-upper, but I would be just fine with a ready-to-live-in house (but because I love him, we’ll probably go with the fixer-upper).
2. Celebrate Christmas in our own home with oodles of decorations (and cookies). I’m a sucker for Christmas. It’s hands down my favorite time of year (really the whole Fall/Winter holiday season), and this year, we have no reason not to go all out!!! This includes dressing the dog up for Halloween… he’s going to love it. 😉
3. Do some camping!! Camping out under the big Texas sky is something we’ve been dreaming about ever since we left the Lone Star State.
4. Find a new church home and get involved!!! This is something we recommend to all people of all ages. We shouldn’t just to go to church, but invest ourselves in others and make disciples.
5. Spend lots of time with our family and friends that we’ve missed these last two years. This is gonna be fun!!
And, because I’m feeling sentimental (and because you all like looking at us)…enjoy some random photos of us through the ages. 🙂