I love my job. There are many people in the world who go to work everyday and hate every minute of it, and I am thankful that I’m not one of them! On my way to work the other day I was making a mental list of all the things I love about my job and there were a lot of things.
1. Feeling like a rock star every time I walk into a classroom. The kids here love me! It may be because of my charming personality or maybe because I’m a great teacher, but it’s probably because I’m white. But whatever the reason, I love having adoring fans and I’m just like
2. Having great co-workers. My co-workers are wonderful. I know not all y’all can say that, but I guess I’m one of the lucky few. My co-workers help me out so much! My limited knowledge of Chinese is probably part of the reason they help me out so much, but the main reason is that they’re just so awesome and caring!
3. Getting to travel to beautiful tropical islands. That’s right, I get paid to go to the beach (teaching there is just a side note).
4. Getting to wear jeans to work. Now this may seem like a minor thing, but getting stress pimples over picking out what to wear is just not something I need in my life.
5. Can anyone say 5 minute commute? On a scooter no less. I feel like this speaks for itself, but just in case you’re a tad bit slow, it’s AWESOME! I mean, what better way to air out your sweaty pits from getting ready without a/c?
6. Getting to teach whatever I want. While this is great, this whole freedom thing does take a little getting used to. At first Nick and I were like
but then we were like
7. Having great students. My students are wonderful. It’s not just that they treat me like a rock star (although that’s part of it). They are sweet and funny and have names like Cake and Boots. What’s not to love?
8. Getting to leave after work and know that I don’t have any work to take home. This may be my absolute favorite thing! It’s gonna be hard to teach in the States again after this paperwork free job! Because, once again,
9. Getting to work next to my best friend all day. Like I’ve said before, Nick and I love spending pretty much every minute of everyday together. We laugh, we tease, we help, we encourage, and we go home and do it all over again. What more could a girl ask for?
10. Nap time! I don’t know why everybody doesn’t stop and take a nap in the middle of the day. It’s great! I’m a strong advocate of naps, because who doesn’t need a little refresher in the middle of the day. It just makes sense! For those of you who don’t share my love of napping, you’re missing out!
Did you see Taiwan on that info-graphic!!!! 😀
Soooooo that’s why I love my job! Why do you love your job?
P.S. This is my first post using gifs and stuff. I hope you like it, cuz I was really excited about it!